Please sign in to post.

Suggestions for itinerary and waterfalls

My husband and I are traveling for two weeks in Norway in July by car. Below is my itinerary. I would like some suggestions of routes and where to see waterfalls on our way to the different places.
thanks so much
Day 1 - Oslo to Tau
Day 2 - Hike Pulpit stay in Tau
Day 3 - Drive to Eidford see along way sites do. Voringfoss falls. Maybe do this as a main hike
The four waterfalls of Husedalen valley and Hardangervidda National Park
Day 4 - Bergen stay one night and leave in morning to kayak
Day 5 - Kayak in Gudvangen Naeroyfjord - stay in Hafso
Day 6 - Stay in Hafslo and hike Nigardsbreen Glacier
Day 7 - Stay in Hafslo and hike for day in Jostedalsbreeen National Park
Day 8 - Drive to Geirangfjord stay there
Day 9 - Geirangfjord boat or kayak to see 7 sisters waterfall and hike to farm -stay at Geirangfjord
Day 10 - Drive Troll road and Atlantic road to Kristiansund
Day 11 - Drive from Kristiansund to Olso
Day 12 - Explore Olso and fly back to US at night.

Posted by
1868 posts

I'm making my first trip to Norway in May, and I found this site, which has 18 different tourist routes.

http://www.nasjonaleturistveger.no/en/

I'm sure you can find some great drives among these suggestions. You should in particular check out the one called Gaularfjellet, which it appears has at least three different waterfalls.

Posted by
3398 posts

The Geirangerfjord is lined with many waterfalls, not just the 7 sisters...tons of them all the way down the fjord.
If you drive up the road behind the town of Geiranger, headed east, there are some beautiful waterfalls at the top of the valley. Beautiful views from there over an abandoned mountain farm with the fjord far below.
As you drive up over Trollstigen there are hundreds of waterfalls and cataracts along the way. As you drive over the pass headed down to drive to Kristiansund you'll pass even more.
Another thing you might want to see near Krisiansund is the stave church at Kvernes...it's quite beautiful and well worth stopping off to visit.
Don't worry about not spending too much time in Kristiansund - there isn't really anything to see there.

Posted by
5837 posts

Good source of Norwegian topographic maps and trekking advice:
DNT Oslo og Omegn (Norwegian Trekking Association, Oslo)
Storgata 3, 0155 Oslo (Short walk from Oslo S central train station)
https://www.dntoslo.no/
Closed on Sundays