We will be in Norway for a week in late May next year. The following are some questions I have:
We are planning to drive a car along the Sognefjord; and noticed there are several ferry crossing that we will need to utilize.
- Where can I find information about when these ferries run; and how much they cost?
- Is this information available in one place?
Taking a ferry to view the full length of the Sognefjord: We realize that major cruise lines travel along this fjord.
- Are there any Norwegian ferry companies that travel the full length of this fjord?
- if so, where can I get information about this; along with how often they run and what is the costs?
- Do these ferry companies stop at the places that one may want to visit? We realize these communities are small; and that they may not stop at all the places that one may want to visit.
Nutshell routes: I seem to have noticed that one can take Nutshell routes from either Oslo or Bergen. In reading Rick's information, it seems to recommend taking the train from Oslo to Bergen; but get off half way and then taking the Nutshell route.
- If one does that, would one suggest returning to the place one would have left the train to continue on to Bergen after you finished the Nutshell tour?
- Or do you go onto Bergen via another route? What is best?
Renting a short term property while visiting Sognefjord?
- We are thinking about renting a home for several days near this fjord. I presume there is plenty to see in this area from what I read. Thoughts?