Please sign in to post.

Norwegian Fjords

We are considering a cruise in June 2024. We want to see and hike in the fjords more than seeing the small cities. 7-8 days at the most. Which line is the best? We are in our 60’s and have cruised before.

Posted by
8381 posts

Each cruise line offers its own advantages and disadvantages as you well know. Hurtigruten has a number of fans on this forum, but I have found them to be outside my budget parameters.

I'm going on a Norwegian Fjords cruise at the end of May (embarks May 24 at Southampton) with Princess on the Sky Princess. Ports of call are Bergen, Alesund, Hellesyvt, Geiranger, Olden and Stavanger. I took a Princess Cruise to Norway last summer that went up to the North Cape and back and really enjoyed it. I decided I wanted to come back and focus on the fjords, especially since new regulations limiting cruise ships in UNESCO fjords will be coming online soon.

I know you will enjoy your time in Norway.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you. I haven’t seen Princess but have looked at RC, Celebrity, Holland America, MS. We want to go out of Southampton as the flights are direct.