Please sign in to post.

norwegian air

My son and I are flying to Bergen from Gatwick next week. I've tried unsuccessfully to buy extra baggage there is absolutely no option for this online and they have no online optin to speak with anyone. Does anyone know if we will be allowed to purchase at the airport? I have never had such terrible communication with an airline in over 40 years of flying. I'm wondering if we will be kept off the flight or be forced to leave half of our belongings. Any information would be extremely helpful.

Posted by
85 posts

I haven't flown Norwegian Air. But in glancing at the website and clicking around, from the homepage, scroll down to the Prepare For Your Flight section. Click on Baggage Allowance and Charges. From that page, I see an option to Order Baggage Now. When I click there, a window opens up where enter your booking reference number and your last name. Maybe this helps?

Posted by
12 posts

yes unfortunately that takes you nowhere. It says the 'sale is over' with no other option of contacting anyone. Makes me nervous since it doesn't evenmention that you can pay for additional baggage at the airport. I make a rookie mistake and bought thru Expedia too. Oy.

Posted by
7839 posts

Since you booked through Expedia they may have a different PNR (booking reference number)
Don't worry you are going to be able to do it at checkin at the airport, they count on it for revenue.
That is why their flights are/were inexpensive. In my experience they scrutinize all baggage all the way up to the boarding gate.
It is just more expensive to check it at the airport.

Posted by
12 posts

I messaged with Expedia and they were no help. I've accepted we might have to pay a fortune at the airport,I just want to confirm that's an option.
I've learned from this experience that I'm sticking with the airlines I know. The extra money is worth the peace of mind.

Posted by
12 posts

This airlineis in Bankruptcy in the US. I'm womdering if they are only flying European routes?

Posted by
12 posts

no.it's basically the same thing that the others have suggested. Really would not recommend this airline if you're a person with a question.

Posted by
1 posts

Having exactly the same issue with Expedia / Norweigan. How did you get on in the end? Did you just have to turn up at the airport and pay for bags there? I hope this worked out ok for you?

Posted by
12 posts

I was told had I booked directly with the airline I would have been able to access the link with the discount. Booking thru Expedia, you can't. I think it was $20 a bag. Expedia was clueless when I contacted them. For me, I will never book third party again, especially with all the issues the airlines are having. The airlinge calculates cost on a chart of where you're flying from to where you are headed. Good luck!