Please sign in to post.

Norway in a Nutshell question

I’m looking into doing Geirangerfjord NIN from Bergen in July. Do I need to book hotels in each of the locations listed or can I choose the locations I would like such as Flam and Alesund? Are the hotels included in the price or is it extra? Or is it just the transportation that’s included? I don’t understand how it works. Is there a US phone number I can call to speak with someone? Thank you

Posted by
115 posts

You pick the locations you want, but if you pick Flåm then you must pick Oslo because the distance Flåm-Oslo-Åndalsnes-Ålesund is too long for one day.
Hotels are not included except the cabin on Hurtigruten from Ålesund to Bergen.

Posted by
117 posts

I would recommend booking a hotel, especially if you are staying in Flam in the summer. There aren't a ton of hotels in Flam.

Posted by
14 posts

You might try this site: https://www.norwaynutshell.com/original-norway-in-a-nutshell/

If you start the booking process you can choose places along the route in which to stay. You can either book the hotel through them, or book yourself. If you do something like click on Flam hotels, you'll get a choice of hotels or you can check book your own. We just booked the Sognefjord tour (same company, different route) and will spend a few nights in Balestrand.