We are planning to go to Norway for 9 days in July and I want to keep the iten. very simple and not rushed. This is what I have planned.
1) Day 1: Arrive into Stavagner (from the US)at 3:30 pm - rest and relax in Stavagner - walk around old town
2) Day 2: Day trip to Lysefjord and hike to pulpit rock
3) Day 3: drive from Stavagner to Flam (6.5 hours) - entire day on the drive, stop for lunch, maybe hikes and lots of scenery
4) Flam - Hike around flam and just relax , train from Flam to Myrdal and return
5) Flam - Do a cruise of the Fjord (3 hours trip with visit to farm where they have goat cheese)
6) Flam to Bergen - either direct since Norway in a Nutshell is covered in #4 and #5 - walk around Bergen
7) Bergen - hike and sights around
8) Bergen - hike and sights around
9) Flying out from Bergen at 2 pm for the US
Note: We have no interest in going to Oslo, anything we can add here or anyone would recommend? Again, I don't want to over pack and try and do/see crazy amounts.