Please sign in to post.

need help with 15 day trip first time end of august 2025

hi everyone been trying to figure out my trip, was originally planning on doing half iceland but its to much travel for us. so please give ideas, options, miss something or add something nothing is concrete. I do want to say looking for beauty and animals, sea, flying or ground don't care. anyways
fly day 1 from usa
day 2 land in bergen, catch flight to tromso. stay 2 days looking at a whale tour if any here or nearby or reindeer farm
day 4 rent car drive to lofoton islands, stay 3 days.
day 8 catch ferry to bodo ( hope this is a car ferry) stay 2 nights
day 10 drive to rorvik spend 2 days
day 12 drive to alesund stay 2 days, want puffin boat ride
day 14 drive to bergen, drop off rental car stay 1 or 2 days before flight
day 15 flying thx mary

Posted by
2898 posts

Before all others: Did you check the one-way costs for rental cars?

Please do and confirm that you want to do this.

Puffins leave end of July back to open sea.
Also not the best time for whale watching.

Posted by
27701 posts

Of the places on your itinerary, I've only been to Bergen and Alesund, so I wouldn't presume to suggest cutting anything. However, you don't appear to have a trip into a scenic fjord planned.

Posted by
30 posts

dang i do not want to miss puffins, i can change trip to april/may of 2026 is that is better, planning on seeing fjords while either in bergen or alesund, again can change anything. i do know a rental won't be cheap assuming 500 to 1,000 but prefer being able to stop when needed and not be around tons of people. any place specific for puffins, i can skip whale stuff saw them good in new zealand and in anacortes washington. just big on animal stuff. thx

Posted by
30 posts

ok plan b, rental car is 2600. that will be a big no. so itinerary help again
flying in and out of bergen, how can i see the puffins, on runde island and go to lofoton islands area, rent a car for a week round trip is 580 so not bad, i want to see fjords, puffins, lofoton, reine if possible. I will do a ferry if need be. right now trip is 7,000 don't want to go over that. what can i leave out. can i do bergen, jump a ferry to lofoton and rent car for 7 days drive to tromso etc, drop off car in lofoton, take ferry back to bergen and either see puffins before dropping off car? thx