I will be flying into Norway June 11 and out on June 19
I have a family of 4 adult healthy and active adults. We would like to spend more time outdoors than in museums.
A must is the NIN boat tour through Aurlansfjord and Naerofjord.
I’m wondering if the 5 hour train ride from Oslo to Flam is a must do.
We can fly into Oslo or Bergen and out of either one.
We can rent a car to get to the best places.
I was thinking of the following:
- June 11 - 1/2 day walk around Bergen - overnight in Bergen
- June 12 rent car and go to Balestrad - kayaking tour - who do I hire for this? Only one site keeps coming up and I found they are out of business. RS gives no info on kayaking
- June 13 - Balestrad - hiking ? I see some links to hikes in Balestrad that look interesting but are there better hikes elsewhere ? Basically, I’m looking for something fun to do 2nd day in Balestrad. Should we bust Stave church and have that as our only activity?
- June 14 - drive to Solvorn and hike Nigard Glacier overnight in Solvorn
- June 15 - Solvorn - more hiking - any suggestions can we kayak here? Anything else to do while in Solvorn?
- June 16 -drive to Aurland and go to stave church and outlook - or drive to Flam and take train up to Myrdal and bike ride down
- June 17- Fjord cruise Aurland to Gudvagen - should we stay in Voss that night ? Fish or hike next day and then proceed Bergen night of June 18
- June 18 -Drive from Voss to Bergen after activities in Voss - stay in Bergen
- June 19 - fly out of Bergen
As mentioned above, we can fly into Oslo if it makes sense to take a look at the museums for a 1-2 day and then take the train to Flam and do the fjord cruise and make our way to Bergen and pick up car in Bergen.
Any suggestions? I would love to incorporate the hike that RS suggests in Jotunheimen mountains - Besseggen Trail or Spierstulen drive and hikes and certainly am willing to cut out Aurland and Voss stay if that makes sense . Any suggestions are welcome.