I am planning a trip for my family and am making arrangements to do Norway in a Nutshell (NIN) over a couple days.
- Start in Oslo and take train to Flam
- Stay in Flam and take the The Fjords Tour in the morning
- There are options to get off the ferry at Aurland, Drydal, Styvi and Underal - Is it worth spending a night at one of these places and doing some hiking,biking or kayaking ? Can you even rent bikes or kayaks at any of these places? Are there hiking trails? How do i find a place to stay?
- I am assuming i would get back on the ferry and make our way to Gudvangen - is that correct?
- Rick Steves guide book also mentions being adventurous and hopping off the NIN tour and taking a different ferry to Balestrand or Solvorn - How would we accomplish this?
-Are there fun activities to do at these places such as kayaking, biking or hiking?
- If we jump off NIN and go to Solvorn or Balestrand, how do we get back on the ferry going though the Naerofjord to Gudvagen?
Thanks for any assistance!