Please sign in to post.

Help!!!

Please any suggestions regarding the following:

I'm 55, traveling with my 17 year old daughter after a church choir trip of Denmark, planning a short time in Norway. Flying into Bergen from Copenhagen morning of 8/7, flying home to US from Oslo 8/11.

My rough plan is this.

Do Bergen remainder of day on the 7th.
Morning of 8th, take ferry from Bergen to Flam, arrive 1:25pm and taking RIB boat for safari tour/farm visit (she would really like this I think) at 4:30. Staying in Balestrand that night.

9th: Wanted to do Flam to Myrdal? Can we do the segment in NIN that includes that? And can I connect that to train to Oslo?
This is the day where I'm really stumped as to what to do.
Thought we could get to Oslo by the night of the 9th, do Oslo the 10th and fly home the 11th.

Any and all suggestions would be helpful. We have such little time to see this area and who knows if I'll ever get back and want to really make the most of our time!

Posted by
16893 posts

Flam-Myrdal-Oslo are just regular train tickets that you can buy at a train station or in advance at https://www.vy.no/en. They take PayPal now, so that eliminates most problems with credit card approval. If there are cruise ships docked at Flam, then the trains up to Myrdal can get crowded, so these tickets are for reserved dates and times (but not seat assignments).

Posted by
18 posts

Thank you!
Good advice about the cruise crowds.

How easy is it to get from Flam to Balestrand and reverse during the day? I booked a hotel in Balestrand on the 8th, but would be departing for excursions on the 8th and the 9th from Flam.

Posted by
115 posts

There is a bus connections Flåm-Sogndal-Balestrand at 20:20 (3h).
The next day, boat 11:55 from Balestrand to Flåm.