Please sign in to post.

Fjord Norway in 8 days in June 2015

Hi fellow travellers!

My family (4 adults) has 8 days to drive around fjord Norway in early June 2015. Here is our "skeleton" itinerary. Please advise-whether we're overly ambitious or the plan is doable. We are into nature and driving on our own will give us the freedom to stop whenever we want to (and to take back roads).

Day 1 (stay in Bergen): arrival day
Day 2(Loen): drive Bergen-Loen. Explore Birksdal glacier if time permits
Day 3(Loen): Loen-Geiranger via route 60 - (Trollstigen road for scenery)
Geiranger-Loen via route 63 and 15 along Lake Oppstryns
Day 4(Loen): explore Nordfjord
Day 5(Aurland): drive to Flam, explore Flam
Day 6(Aurland): explore Sognefjord and Naerofjord (Is there a few hours boat excursion?)
Day 7(Bergen): drive from Aurland-Hardanger via routes E16, E13 along the shore passing Odda. Explore Hardangerfjord
drive to Bergen via E48 and E16
Day 8(Bergen): explore Bergen
Day 9: depart Bergen

Thank you all for your help!

Posted by
5835 posts

All my trips to Norway have been winter trips and my fjord experience is limited to the Nutshell tour. Our guide on a Hardangervidda ski tour pointed out high glaciers and noted that Norwegians have summer festivals on top of the glaciers.

Norway's fjords are a product of glaciers. If you enjoy the outdoors you should plan on more walking time than driving. Try to fit in s day to strap on crampons and do some glacier walking.
http://www.visitnorway.com/us/what-to-do/attractions-culture/nature-attractions/glaciers-in-norway/

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you Edgar for your response. We will check the link you sent us.

Posted by
7 posts

Hi Edgar!

Thank you for your suggestion. We will study the links you sent us, hopefully there is a few hours round trip/day trip excursion.