we are planning to travel Norway in July with a small rented RV (20ft., Fiat Ducato type size). It's our first visit to Norway. We will be using the ferry boat to Kristiansand and would like to go to the Fjords from there.
We don't want to spend all our time driving, so we plan to limit our visit to the Southern third of the country. I've been reading up on this but we are still undecided on many issues:
- Which fjords shouldn't we miss?
- Which fjords are the most touristy and crowded ones?
- Any tipps for good day hiking, with nice views and photographic opportunities, not too strenuous?
- Any good places for birdwatching or other wildlife?
- Any advice on good sites for camping?
- From what I have read so far, the "allemannsretten" seems to apply only to people on foot, right? So no one-night camping with an RV outside of official campgrounds?
- Is driving a vehicle that size going to be an issue? I have driven larger RVs before, but that was on the wide U.S. roads!
- Anything else we should know?
Lots of questions... thanks in advance!