Please sign in to post.

Bus Voss to Gudvangen

Hello
We bought 4 tickets for the bus from Voss to Gudvangen (10:10 a.m. on June 16th) using Norway Best (only bus tickets).

I have 2 simple questions:
1. Where exactly do these buses depart at Voss? We would be arriving to Voss train station.
2.Are we supposed to look for a specific bus company and bus route number (Voss to Gudvangen) for the tickets we bought thru Norway Best?

Thank you all.
Jack

Posted by
6887 posts
  1. Probably the railway station
  2. What does it say on the ticket?

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the bus tickets?

Posted by
4 posts
  1. Nothing on the ticket except for the route and the barcode.
  2. We paid 36 USD for 4 people (adults).
Posted by
6887 posts

I don't mean to be rude, but how are we supposed to know what kind of ticket you have bought?

My guess is that it is a ticket for the regular bus to Gudvangen, in that case just look for a bus where the sign says Gudvangen. If I'm not mistaken it's nr 950.

That sounds a bit expensive, what was the price in NOK?

Posted by
7546 posts
Posted by
4 posts

Thank you, isn31c for your help and positive attitude...

Posted by
6887 posts

Thank you isn31c! If it is the regular bus, then the bus stop is just outside the station and impossible to miss. But, while Tide might be company that operate the bus, Skyss is the regional transport authority and the branding you will see on the buses and signs.

And it seems like you unfortunately fell in to a tourist trap. 96 kr is a lot of money for the bus ticket, had you bought the ticket direct from Skyss it would have cost 61 kr per person.

Posted by
1723 posts

When I did a self-purchased Norway in a Nutshell trip, there were multiple buses departing for Gudvangen from the station at the same time. You can get on any of them, and you just follow the crowd to find them.

Posted by
16123 posts

I've taken this route. The buses stop right next to the station. If I remember, they will be on your right as you leave the station.

This is the bus most people taking Norway in a Nutshell use so there should be plenty of them. And it was bus number 950.

More than likely, there will be quite a few people looking for the bus. You won't be alone. They also time them fairly well to coincide with the ferry departures at Gudvangen.