Please sign in to post.

Bus Voss to Gudvagen (March 2024)

Hi, I have seen many similar posts about the bus between Gudvagen and Voss. But there was no post about one-way from Voss to Gudvagen. Mostly the post discussed about the opposite direction from Gudvagen to Voss.

In short, we will be travelling from Bergen to Flam this coming March 2024 and we will take early train from Bergen to Voss. We will be expecting to arrive in Voss at around 9am and plan to take bus at around 10am. We should be able to reach Gudvagen at 11am to catch 12pm Flam ferry.

My question:

1) Should we need to prebook the bus from Voss to Gudvagen? Or we can purchase the bus ticket on this spot? Any price difference? Heard that Norway Best may be a tourist trap so want to double check with you. Is it advisable to prebook or purchase on this spot?

2) Where is the bus stop at Voss after aligting from the train at Voss Station?

3) What is the main website to book the bus from Voss to Gudvagen?

Thank you

Posted by
1652 posts

You shouldn't need to prebook the bus. You can, if you like, buy the bus ticket at the train station in Bergen. Just make sure you do it that morning and not the night before, or it will be expired. (Don't ask how I know this. :) )The bus is right near the train. Just follow the crowd. You can't miss it. There will be multiple buses.

Posted by
6389 posts
  1. No. You can't prebook it. Buy the ticket on your phone, in a ticket machine or from the driver. Some travel agencies will claim that they can sell you a bus ticket in advance, but what they're really doing is selling you a voucher you can use buy a ticket from the driver. And last time I checked the vouchers cost around 50% more than the bus ticket…
  2. The bus stops are right outside the stations. Just follow the signs that say "Buss".
  3. The bus route is run by Skyss, the public transportation company in Vestland, www.skyss.no. And if you really want to prebuy a ticket they have that option at billett.skyss.no but it's not worth doing it in my opinion when you can just buy the ticket from the driver or in the app.
Posted by
15011 posts

When you exit the station at Voss, the bus stop is to the right. You should see some buses.

Just buy the ticket directly from the driver.