Please sign in to post.

Bergen Norway

What are great hotels near Byrggen waterfront?

Posted by
1836 posts

The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Bergen is one of the top waterfront hotels.
The Bergen Bors Hotel— built into the historic stock exchange building from 1862– is one of the most beautiful in Bergen and just a block from the waterfront Torget fish market. In 1897, the building was reconstructed in neo-gothic style. Today, the hotel’s Frescohallen restaurant is a Bergen attraction in and of itself, with its giant murals from 1923 uncovered and restored. Even if you don’t stay at the Bergen Bors— drop in for a peek.

Posted by
328 posts

We stayed in the Hordaheimen, which is a Best Western property. It was very last-minute. The location was great for us. It was on the other side of the harbor from the Radisson, but we easily walked all over. We only stayed one night there, but we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. They sold us a piece of butcher paper for 1 (unit of currency, whatever it is, krone?) so we could make sandwiches for our lunch. Always nice to save a little dough in such an expensive country. And they allowed us to leave our bags there until we could check into our AirBnB.

Posted by
2898 posts

Just across is the Magic Hotel Kløverhuset.

The view to Bryggen from their superior rooms is great.

I did not like their breakfast, their weak staffing of service desk (1 person only) and their not function-oriented styled room elements.

Posted by
2535 posts

Not fancy by any means, but a good solid hotel with an excellent location is the Thon Hotel Bristol Bergen. we stayed there just last week. The breakfast was very good, and you can make lunches to take with you for a fee. The hotel location was ideal, and the hotel itself was well kept and clean. Our room was spacious enough for both my daughter and I to spread out a bit. Like I said, it is not fancy, but a good solid hotel and I would absolutely stay there again, FWIW.