Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Amsterdam

Hi. I'm looking to stay at a B&B, small apartment or small hotel while in Amsterdam in the middle of Sept. I'm looking for friendly, personal stay. Thank you

Posted by
15804 posts

We really enjoyed this one:

http://www.thebridgehotel.nl/en/

Spring for a canal-view room: well worth it: we chose one with a balcony and has a lot of fun watching the barges on the Amstel. Breakfast is included in the tariff and and was plenty ample. This hotel doesn't have an elevator (not uncommon) and I would not book one of the rooms with just a skylight and no view.

They also have a couple of top-floor apartments but they're probably bigger than you need.

Posted by
11153 posts

We love Hotel L'Ambassade which is located on the Herengrcht Canal in the beautiful Central Canal Ring.

Posted by
1014 posts

MPS Holland and other boats offer fairly cheap accommodations. Look at booking.com to see reviews, and available boats. Owners are nice, and a decent, free breakfast is a plus.

Posted by
222 posts

mridley918, Thanks for this question, we are also looking for a good place to stay in Amsterdam.

Suki, we made reservations at L'Ambassade hotel that you recommended and are looking forward to our stay there.

Happy Travels!