Please sign in to post.

Utrecht hotel

We are looking for a hotel in Utrecht near the train station. We plan to stay 3 nights and make several day trips to other nearby towns so proximity is a factor. We have visited Utrecht in the past. We don’t require posh lodgings. Thanks for any recommendations. Our dates are 29 April to 2 May. Thanks again

Posted by
86 posts

Last year we stayed at at Hotel Museumkwartier Utrecht. Lovely room, good breakfast (delivered to the room). Overlooks a canal. It's about a 20 min walk from Utrecht Centraal and 10 min from Utrecht Vaartsche Rijn. We used both stations for our day trips.

Posted by
2026 posts

Thank you, Sue. We will check it out. Sounds nice. Safe travels!

Posted by
501 posts

I stayed in a place called Bunk: part hotel, part hostel. I had a very well-priced private room with bathroom, about five minutes’ walk from both the railway station and the city centre, so the location couldn’t be better. Stunning conversion of an old church, lovely location to pop back to during the day. Really good price.

The room was very well thought-out but also tiny - basically the bed took up the whole floor. And the hotel as a whole was pretty noisy because it’s a funky youth place and all the noise went straight up to the roof.

I mention it because it comes up a lot on booking sites and if I were younger I’d have loved it. In some respects it’s a great, fun choice for Utrecht. But at 59, I felt like the oldest person who’s ever stayed there.

Posted by
2026 posts

Thank you for the suggestion Golden Girl. We’ve got a decade ++ on you. Sounds like our first trip to Europe 52 years ago! But I think we have missed our window. Maybe in the next life!