Please sign in to post.

tripkey

We are leaving for Amsterdam in a few days. I went online to try to get tripkeys for myself, my wife, and two granddaughters. I registered for me but could find no place on the registration to include three more people to get keys. So after I finished with myself, I went back in and thought that I would have to register each of us individually. But when I went to put in the email to get one for my wife it said that my email address was already used and would not let me continue the registration. Does anyone know how I can get the other three members of my family a key? I am hoping that someone has already gone through this process and can tell me what to do. I emailed TripKey with my question but as of yet have not received a response. Thanks. My granddaughters do not have their own email addresses. Thanks again for a response from anyone who has experienced this problem.

Posted by
32746 posts

Be patient waiting for your reply. It is a very small startup and I believe that only one person answers the emails - it took me several days of waiting to get an answer 6 weeks or so ago. They work business hours and not all are full-time.

Did you scour the FAQs? Did you read through the threads on TripAdvisor?

Posted by
271 posts

I had a similar issue, since I started to register my husband, with his own email, and just before paying, realized that I had typed in his initials incorrectly. Since I couldn't go back to correct, I exited and tried to start again, but got the message that the email address was already used. I emailed to see what to do, and was told I could pick up more than one Tripkey--which is what I did at the Hertz counter at Schiphol.

As for reply time for emails to customer service, I usually received a reply within a day or so, and I did have other questions. But I was very pleased with both their response time and the nature of the replies, and thought that the Tripkey was a good idea.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
45 posts

Thanks. It has been 2 days and no reply as of yet, but if they only have one person doing it then that is understandable. Yes, I did read over all of the FAQ's and there was nothing there about getting multiple tripkeys except that it is possible and that each person needs their own individual key. But, if I can just show up in Amsterdam at the airport at Herz, and just tell them that I need four keys for my family, then that is good news. I was hoping that would be the case since you can't really register for more than one on the website with an email address. I am thinking that my only other alternative is have my wife use her email to register for herself, and get my daughter and her husband each to use their own emails to register each of their daughters. Which seems like a lot of unnecessary steps. I am getting antsy since we leave in just a few days. I figure that I will give them another day or two to reply to my email. I like the idea that since I am registered that I can just show up and ask for 4 keys. But, would reallllyyyy like TripKey confirming that is the case. Thanks for the replies.

Hi John,

My name is Nadia and I work for TripKey. Here's how it works: you can pick-up up to 12 TripKeys on one account / registration number connected to your credit card.
So indeed, when you arrive at Schiphol airport, you only need to go to the Hertz desk, give them your unique registration number and ask for the cards for your family. They will activate them and you can start traveling.

For everyone reading this: Normally I am not reacting to the posts on the forums (since they are reserved for travellers - objective feedback) but in this case I saw that John had a very practical question. I will also check why our service desk has not answered you. This is very unusual.

John, I wish you a great stay in the Netherlands!

Posted by
45 posts

Thank you Nadia. I actually got a very nice reply to my email this morning and it stated exactly what you said. I sincerely appreciate your response and am looking forward to using Tripkeys for myself and my family. It sounds like the perfect way to travel around the country! I also suggested that you add this info on your FAQ site because I have noticed other people perplexed by the same question. It will save your people a lot of time not having to answer the question repeatedly.. We are so looking forward to our first trip to the Netherlands!

Hi John,

I am glad that you've also received an answer from our service desk.
I have checked the FAQ on the website and actually the question "Can I register more than 1 TripKey per credit card" is there :-). Third question. Maybe we should formulate it differently. We're open for suggestions!
Thank you and enjoy the Netherlands!
Nadia

Posted by
2487 posts

The wording »register« suggests that each card needs a registration, which is not necessary and, as I understand, not even possible. It would be clearer with something like the following: »Can I have more than 1 TripKey card per registration?« »Yes. If you want multiple cards, for example if you travel with your family, you can have up to 12 TripKey cards per credit card. You don't have to register them. Just ask for the desired number of cards at your pick-up location.«
I wonder if this is something for the FAQ's and shouldn't be given a more prominent place.

Posted by
45 posts

I agree. I understood that you could register for more than one card with the same credit card. Which I attempted to do, but couldn't. It needs to be clear that if you want multiple cards that you only have to register once and then request extra cards when picking up the Tripkey cards.