Please sign in to post.

Train from Amsterdam to London October 2023

We are planning to stay in Amsterdam from October 4 to 11, 2023. We want to take a train from Amsterdam to London. I heard there is a relatively new service. Does anybody have any information on that train?

Jim

Posted by
20082 posts

I see 4 direct trains daily at 7:07, 13:07, 16:07, 18:07. That is from DB, Eurostar shows 40 minutes later departure, so i assume mandatory check in time is included in the DB departure times. Looks like $64 US available bought now for October 11. (US Eurostar website)
https://www.eurostar.com/us-en/train/netherlands

Posted by
6373 posts

Depends on how you define new, but Eurostar extended some Brussels trains to Amsterdam in 2018. At first only two daily trains, but it has now been expanded to four daily trains in each direction. But it is a regular Eurostar service with their new trains (e320) and it works the same as their trains to/from Paris and Brussels.

Posted by
2335 posts

I took the Eurostar Amsterdam to London in June, very easy. A couple of things about the process (much more info from Man in Seat 61). To get in to Amsterdam Centraal platforms you have to scan your Eurostar ticket barcode at the ticket gates (electronic or paper work fine). Then proceed to platform 15 - London bound trains leave from one end and Paris bound from the other - confirm you are on the right end of the track. They don't open the check in process in Amsterdam until 90 minutes before departure so there may be a line but it goes pretty quickly. Once in the door, you go through Netherlands passport check followed immediately by UK passport check. The waiting area after that is fairly small and only has vending machines, so it's best to buy lunch/snacks in the train station before checking in.

It's an easy ride and very comfortable even in second class. We had an unexpected snag (disabled train blocking the high speed rail) but even sitting on a train in the Belgian countryside for two hours was pleasant. For sure try to book early for better rates - it's six months out so you should be able to now.