Please sign in to post.

Schipol airport

I am meeting a friend who is arriving on another airline about an hour after I land.

I would appreciate suggestions on where within the airport we could meet . A coffee shop would be best as we are arriving early in the a.m.

I look forward to your advice. Thanks, Barbara.

Posted by
7886 posts

Schiphol has a main arrival/departure hall, with the train station/tracks underneath, so this would be the most logical place.

Outside the secure zone there, is Starbucks, a Grand Cafe Salon, and a Koffiesalon. All good places to meet up, and for you to wait.

You could also wait in the secure zone, Amsterdam is a bit different in that when you exit the plane, you just walk out into the international terminal, (assuming you both are arriving from the US) with shops and restaurants, then immigration is later as you leave. So you could sit, have a coffee, and then meet your friend as they walk off the plane.

Posted by
70 posts

If you are planning to meet land side (after passport control and/or customs, check the Schiphol website (https://www.schiphol.nl/en/airport-maps) or the Schiphol app, filter for 0 - Plaza & Arrivals. You can zoom in and select /click on the restaurants and shops for their opening hours and get a feel how they look like and what they serve. Looks like they open around 7am.
Alternatively, you can wait in the Sheraton lobby and bar/bistro, directly connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol via a covered walkway.

However, if you are planning to meet airport side, it depends where you are flying in from: Schengen or non-Schengen as these are different parts within the airport, separated by passport control.

Posted by
265 posts

Another recommendation for the Starbucks just outside the security zone. Get a coffee to wake up from the flight, and it is SUPER easy to find for your friend.

Posted by
14533 posts

Will you have checked luggage? I'd want to go directly to baggage claim if that is the case and meet them in the non-secure area.

Are you going to stay in Amsterdam or go on somewhere else?