Please sign in to post.

Schiphol Update-Oct 24, 2022

Just came back from Amsterdam to Vancouver BC yesterday via KLM. My flight was scheduled for 3:15 PM departure.
Arrived at the airport at 10:30 AM to ensure I had plenty of time to go through security. To my very pleasant surprise it only took me 1/2 hour to go through the security line up. (The gods may have been smiling on me though - especially after the Thalys screw-up from Paris on Sunday - 3 train changes ! - 6 hours instead of 3 hours) Although as I waited the line ups grew progressively longer it seemed. There were people re-directing us to shorter line ups as the security sections cleared which helped tremendously. So maybe some security staffing issues are being resolved...

Two hours before my flight went through customs without a hitch - no waiting.

I didn't have to check my luggage, used carry-on along with my back-pack - so that certainly helped. And it looked like everybody else on my KLM flight did the same thing - the bins were jammed - sat in the second to last row in economy so I wasn't 100% sure I could bring it on board - luckily no problem.

The only delay was due to lack of drivers for the push truck to move the plane out of the gate - 45 minute delay. I did chuckle when the Pilot announced "Ok we are outta here! The driver has arrived!" Those were his words - guess he was getting impatient as well.
A side note: I find Schiphol airport well organised - good signage etc and helpful people. I frequently travel through Amsterdam from Vancouver on KLM as it is a good direct flight. Even in these abnormal times it wasn't a bad experience for me.

There are no replies to this topic.