Please sign in to post.

Schengen Certificate For Medications

Anyone familiar with obtaining a Schengen Certificate for Medications? Located the Dutch Form requesting completion with Physician's BIG registration number and stamp. Is there a form for US Physicians? Is the stamp a notary? ANy guidance would be appreciated. I cannot get anyone to answer on the phone. Thank you.

Posted by
9573 posts

Double posting, please refer to the post in General Europe, where Frank has already posted a response

Posted by
5 posts

Forgive me: I am specifically asking for advice from someone experienced with obtaining a Schengen Certificate for Medications from a USA physician to enter the Netherlands. Hitting a wall with my research: have general information. Have the official link (emailed for info: response can take over a week), have telephoned the consulate (no specific anwers), and Telephoned the CAK ( Netherlands Processing Center during business hours with auto message in Dutch: Not expecting they will call an international number to reply). Kindly requesting specific answers. 1. Is there a form specific to USA physician filling out? 2. The form I do have indicates needing a BIG registration Number, which appears to be a Netherlands registry and a Stamp ( notary? or clearly written name?) The forms must be submitted and approved before arriving in the Country. Thank you for any advice that can be provided.

Posted by
4412 posts

you say you called the consulate, which one? Aim for the major cities.

are you sure this is even a thing?

Posted by
5 posts

Embassy in Washington DC was helpful this am. As I now understand The Schengen Certificate is for Netherland's Residents. US resident's are to bring a statement of need from their physician in USA.

Posted by
13943 posts

Thank you for updating what you found out. I hope after you travel you'll circle back with your experience as well.