Please sign in to post.

Scam

Be aware of a scam for timed reservations for security at schippol airport in Amsterdam. Use ONLY the Schipol website NOT my trip. MY TRIP is a SCAM.

Posted by
2746 posts

It is not a scam. It is an actual business. A vulture business based on charging for services easily obtainable for free. It is indeed unfortunate how many of these there are and how many people support them.

Indeed, A bell should go off any time some place offers to provide for you for a fee a service that is otherwise free.

Posted by
1327 posts

Please also see my reply to your other post about this issue.
The airport in Amsterdam is named Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. Schiphol, not Schippol, Schipol or whatever spelling that’s frequently used here.
Scammers use the fact that people make spelling mistakes by directing them to a website that seems official but isn’t. That’s why I will always correct a misspelled name when I see one.

The website to book a free security time slot is https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/timeslots/

Posted by
160 posts

It is an actual business but when they say the charge is 10e and they chard my credit card 88e that’s a scam!

Posted by
2746 posts

Why is this an issue? Would you have been happy if they had only charged you 10 Euro to provide the service that is otherwise free and would have taken you no longer to complete directly with the airport? That they charged you 80 is when they said 10 is illegal (a stronger word than “scam”); their very existence starts out as immoral as they are preying on people to pay for a free service.