Please sign in to post.

Private Canal Tour

I'm going to Amsterdam in May for my honeymoon. Is there anyway to book a 2-person canal tour? I see lots of group tours, but no private tours.

Posted by
2364 posts

You might try Boom Chicago. It is a comedy club but it does have small canal tours on an open air boat of course weather permitting. You take your own wine, cheese, etc. and have about an hour tour on the small canals with I think a maximum of maybe ten people. Seem to remember we just showed up in the afternoon, signed up and then went back in the evening. It was a year and half ago in May and we were lucky as no one but the three of us showed up, I think about fifteen euros. I think they are still running it. Know it is not private but is more intimate than the large boats.

Posted by
149 posts

Hi Cindy. My wife and I will be staying at this airbnb apartment on our upcoming trip. If you look through the photos, you'll see that the host, Heleen, knows someone with a boat that charges €25 per person for a three hour tour, just like on Gilligan's Island! It may not be the most romantic boat, but I bet you could send her an email through airbnb and get more info.