Please sign in to post.

one day in Amsterdam

We will be in Amsterdam for 1 day tomorrow. We thought we would like to do a canal cruise or a hop on hop off ...any suggestions? Is there one line better than the other. Any suggestion of `things to do that shouldn't be missed?

Posted by
985 posts

Blue boat is pretty good. Those Dam boat guys are supposed to be good if you like a party atmosphere and joking around. Read some reviews that were a little disappointed because there was not a lot of history in the tour but I couldn't half hear anything with an audio guide on the other boats anyway. Looks like there is some evening cruises and that might be nice to see the city all lit up. I had an excellent walking tour with That Dam Guide and they do have two tours tomorrow - one at 10:30 and one at 2:00. Phone number is +31 6272 69604 if you are interested in that. We loved the Van Gogh museum. Make sure to do some walking along the canals. I also loved touring the canal houses - Willet Holthuysen and Museum Van Loon were the best. Hope this helps!

Posted by
113 posts

Thanks for the input...really appreciate it especially given the short time frame.:)