Please sign in to post.

Moderately priced hotel near Museumplein

My husband and I are traveling to Amsterdam for 3 days in mid-March and I'm looking to book a moderately priced hotel near the Museumplein area - around $150 per night or less, if possible. We want to be close to the major art museums, and an elevator is a must since I have some limited mobility issues. We're not too picky about the room itself since we don't expect to be there much other than to sleep and maybe rest a bit sometime during the day.

I've tentatively booked us into The Concert Hotel on De Lairessestraat about 10 minutes walk from the Van Gogh Museum. We got a good rate through their website - €376 for a twin room for 3 nights, including breakfast. But it's refundable, and I'm continually on the lookout for a better option.

Has anyone stayed at The Concert that could share their experience? Online reviews are all over the place.
Or does anyone have another facility in the area that they would recommend instead?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by
330 posts

I don’t know anything about the Concert Hotel, however I can recommend The XO Hotel Van Gogh. You would need to check your exact dates for prices, but it might meet all of your criteria in mid-March*: moderately priced with an elevator, just off the Museumplein, across the street from the Van Gogh Museum, 2 short blocks to the Rijksmuseum, and steps from a well-connected tram stop. The hotel also has a very reasonably priced breakfast buffet.

We stayed there in April 2019 and our adult daughter stayed there with a friend in April 2022. We plan to stay there again in April 2023. (*For our upcoming stay, we will be paying more than $150 a night since April is high (tulip) season.)

Posted by
481 posts

I was happy with my stay at Hotel Aalders, near the museums and a tram stop.

Posted by
8373 posts

I don’t know what your price point is, but Hotel Vondel was excellent. The best way to get to this area from the airport is by bus.

Posted by
33 posts

Thanks all for the recommendations and tips.

We decided to book at the Leonardo Boutique Museumhotel on a corner across the street from the Singelgracht and quite near the Rijksmuseum. I'll make sure to do a review when we get back.