Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage at train stations

or near city centers in two different cities
Delft

Alkmaar

We plan to go to travel from Amsterdam to Alkmaar on Friday June 14 2019 for the cheese market and spend the night. I'm thinking that I could drop store my wife and my bags at the station to enjoy the day free of baggage. Then come back to pick up and take to our hotel.

We would leave early on Saturday June 15,2019 and travel to Delft to spend the day...storing our bags again ..
After we enjoy Delft we would travel up to the airport to stay at a hotel as we fly back to Chicago on Sunday 11am flight time.

So is there lockers at the train stations that fit the Rick Steves rolling carry on/

thanks!

Posted by
23267 posts

Storage lockers are not common for security reason. Who knows what you are putting in the locker. Some stations have manned storage. Check the station's web site for specifics.

Posted by
7837 posts

Given the distance looks like you could go to those places on long day trips from Amsterdam and not change hotels

Posted by
2487 posts

... you could go to those places on long day trips
Short day-trips, actually. Alkmaar is 35 mins from Amsterdam Centraal with 4 trains per hour. Delft is 1 hour with the same frequency, alternatingly direct and with a change at Leiden.
But any decent hotel will indeed be happy to store your luggage until you come back for your room.

Posted by
91 posts

thank you so much for the great info!

I'm now looking to do the day trips from a hotel near central station ...any suggestions?