Please sign in to post.

Kings Day 2024 in Amsterdam

Would like any suggestions for Kings' Day in Amsterdam this year. I'm rather familiar with the city in the Summer (have led college Study Abroad trips around the city) and love the Vondelpark.

Wondering if any folks have suggestions for where to go (or avoid) and how to enjoy the celebrations. Dankjewel! :)
(edited on 3/5/24)

Posted by
1308 posts

“ Wondering if any non-Dutch folks have suggestions for where to go (or avoid) and how to enjoy the celebrations.”

I’m a bit puzzled by your preference for advice from non-Dutch folks. I’m more than happy to help you and give information about Kingsday, but I’m not sure you want me to, because I’m very much a Dutchie.

Posted by
10 posts

Dear Dutch-traveler-

I would welcome your thoughts on Kings's Day! I wrote my message late at night and can see how my message might not be well-received by Nederlanders.

My original post was directed at Non-Dutch folks because I'm very curious about their experiences from other countries/cultures. I have talked with quite a few of my dear Dutch friends about their views on the celebration.

So, was simply seeking other perspectives.

Lee Ann

Posted by
6323 posts

Hi Lee Ann, it might be more diplomatic to just ask your questions, and then you can weed out responses that you do not need. That's what typically happens on most posts anyway, lol!