Please sign in to post.

King’s Day

So my husband JUST happened to notice we had planned to be in Amsterdam on King’s Day this year. Glad we are finding out now but WOW so many decisions we need to make... Mainly do we want to experience this once in a lifetime mayhem or just stay another day in Delft?

Anyone experienced this? Tom... help me! LOL

Posted by
9099 posts

King's Day is celebrated all across the country not just Amsterdam, so Delft may be just as crazy.
One thing to keep in mind is that car traffic and trams will not be operating in the city center of Amsterdam. So depending on where your hotel is located you might have a long walk with bags and crowds.

Posted by
2738 posts

Go for it and enjoy the vibe. We planned on this a couple years back and it was incredible. And when you need to takes. A break, go back to your room to rest and watch the celebrations elsewhere on the tube. Of course, this is assuming you already have a reservation, one might be really hard to come by at this point if you don’t

Posted by
118 posts

We are staying in Delft and had planned a side trip into Amsterdam that day.

We have decided to go. We know we are in for a lot of walking. We are still going to try to do the Rijksmuseum but we aren’t going to try to do the Van Gogh museum this trip because you need to be on time for a certain time and who knows what could delay us?

I love flea markets and as I’m googling this will probably be fun even tho the number of people makes me anxious :)

Posted by
6498 posts

We'll be arriving at AMS and busing to Haarlem that afternoon. We're looking forward to a certain amount of revelry, and trying to think of something orange to wear that we don't mind taking on a multi-week trip to multiple countries. I'm just hoping that Friday doesn't morph into King's Weekend, so we can enjoy the sights without the crowds. Maybe we'll just have to get something orange and try to blend in..... ;-)