Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Leiden April 2020

It is too early to reserve hotels for next April but not too early to think about flights. I am just wondering if there is any particular reason to avoid Leiden 2-3 days before flying out of Amsterdam the 19th or 26th of April next year?

I have been research on HRS.com and Hotel Nieuw Minerva looks like it nicely meets our budget. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel or another recommendation for us to consider. We are traveling there by train. Thanks.

Posted by
1 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Nieuw Minerva for a week in April 2019. I had a room on the 2nd floor and it was perfectly adequate. Since the building is old, there are a lot of 'step ups' in places (like in the middle of my bathroom) but it was not a problem. The bed was comfortable and the whole room was clean. Breakfast was wonderful! I rented a bike and I was allowed to keep it inside so it was safe. I would stay again.

Posted by
32713 posts

Not only not a reason not to go on those dates, but a positive reason to go: Keukenhof and the Bloemencorso (parade). It is often the Saturday before your first date - I haven't checked for 2020.

Posted by
670 posts

It may not be too early to reserve your hotels; we are going to The Netherlands in May 2020, and have booked some hotels . . . and have had trouble in some areas as they are already fully booked or very expensive.