Please sign in to post.

Hotel or b&b on canal for up to $300 nightly?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel or b&b with canal views for $300 or under for 2 nights in October? Most seem to be closer to $500 per night. Thank you!

Posted by
711 posts

Try the Hotel Wiechmann ..wonderful hotel but no elevator. There are rooms on the canal in the front. . Breakfast comes with the room. You must look now because October books up fast.

Posted by
5678 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Brouwer and had a canal view. There is a very tiny elevator for some rooms. Note they don't take credit cards.

Posted by
1806 posts

The Times Hotel. Has an elevator. A continental breakfast available for additional charge. Close to Jordaan, Nine Streets, Anne Frank House. Public transit easily accessible - several stops within 2 blocks of hotel.

Posted by
161 posts

We just returned from our trip, and have to say our situation was ideal. We booked an apartment through air bnb right on the Prisengracht canal, just one block down from the Anne Frank Huis and in the wonderful Jordan (pronounced "Your-dan") neighborhood for a reasonable price. I just went on the website and see she has listed it for $176 a night, but I talked her down a bit from that recently. The proprietor's name is Valentine Kreycampf. See the pictures-- they don't lie. Let me know if you have any questions or if the link doesn't take you there. Full kitchen, washer, huge bathroom, comfortable bed, incredible canal views, right near the Nordemarkt, where we got fresh produce, cheeses, bread, etc., and a couple of blocks from a regular supermarket in two directions. Cute little shops in this area and about a 20 min walk to the Museum quarter, 15 to Centraal Station, for example.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/233497?checkin=10%2F04%2F2014&checkout=10%2F08%2F2014&guests=2&s=mI62

Laurel

Posted by
129 posts

Wow....really nice apartment! Off-topic, but the owner is also rather attractive :)

Thanks for the link, even though it's a 4 night minimum I would definitely put this on my list if I can convince my wife to spend several days in Amsterdam. Pretty reasonable availability also.