Please sign in to post.

Haarlem

Just got back 3 day stay in Haarlem. Charming town with lots of great dining options. Easy to get into Amsterdam on train and to and from Schipol on bus #300. ( you can pay for ticket on bus with cash or credit card) Stayed at B & B Het Hart right on bus. You can also get to Keukenhof on bus from Haarlem. We bought a 3 day regional travel card for our first 3 days, which includes transportation to Keukenhof. Lovely B &B with great breakfast delivered to room. Really enjoyed not staying in hectic Amsterdam!

Posted by
2675 posts

Happy to hear you liked Haarlem. I’ll be staying there, at the hotel Hotel Lion d'Or, for 4 nights in Oct.

Posted by
4710 posts

What is the name of your B&B.? Thx for sharing.

Posted by
1308 posts

@Pat; The name of the B&B is stated in the opening post; B&B Het Hart

@marylinne; thanks for your report. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.
A small correction though on the information about the tickets for the bus #300. For many years now, busses, trams etc are cashless due to safety. Yes, you can still buy a ticket from the driver, but you can only pay by card. Drivers don’t accept cash.
Since a few months there also is an even more easy solution; tap in and out with your credit or debit card. You board the bus and tap your debit or credit card at the reader. When you exit the bus, you tap again and the correct fare will be charged to your account.

Posted by
6510 posts

We liked Haarlem and the Hotel Lion d'Or, on the square by the station. It was easy to get to and from Amsterdam, but once there we had to navigate the most crowded, least enjoyable part of the city to get anywhere else. That's a downside to using Amsterdam Centraal station on a regular basis. The neighborhood is fine to explore but fighting the crowds gets a little old after awhile.

Posted by
6 posts

I'm in Haarlem now staying at the Hotel Malts B and B. I've been here for 4 nights and its been a joy - I'll be sad to leave tomorrow for Leiden. The owners of the hotel are so friendly and welcoming and the breakfast is amazing. They also have a hotel bike that you can rent and ride out to the beach or the National Park. From Haarlem I went into Amsterdam for 2 whole days and then spent one whole day exploring Haarlem. I highly recommend the Teyler's Museum , Fran Hals Museum , the Haarlem Canal Tours, the Jopenkerk for dinner and the Hofje Zonder Zorgen for lunch. The Golden Shopping Streets are also very quaint and great to explore.The Hotel is also really easy to get to from the bus stop for Bus # 300.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Marylinne,
Can you share the name of the 3 day travel pass and what it includes (taxis? Trams? Train? Bus?) Would like to plan for something like that next time.