Please sign in to post.

getting to Keukenhoff

Last time we visited Keukenhoff,, we had a round trip ticket from the train station. On the web site for the gardens, it lists as the primary plan , "Going across sthe A'Dam lookout to the ferry". Is this the best option now?

(If this has been posted earlier, forgive me. It didn't show that it posted when I last checked.)

Thanks,

Shay

Posted by
2738 posts

Ton- 3 years ago we were able to buy that combo bus ticket at TIs. Is that still possible? I have been unable to figure this out from the Keukenhof website. I know we can purchase from the site in advance, but with only a couple days in Amsterdam do not want to do so in case the weather does not cooperate.

Posted by
2738 posts

Thanks - I checked the link, now all I have to do is figure out where these places are :-)

Posted by
143 posts

Combitickets are sold in the mobile Arriva store near bus 858 at Schiphol bus station.

Posted by
2738 posts

I saw that, I wanted to be able to have them before we got moving so as to not lose time getting them at Schiphol on the way. I need to figure out where the other places are relative to Centraal (we will be near there) so we can get these the prior day, but I can't figure those locations out yet.

Posted by
143 posts

The first three on the list are AKO book stores at Amsterdam Central station.

Posted by
2738 posts

Thank you so much! That makes it easy. I had not been able to make sense of the designations after "CS". When we did this 3 years back we did it from Leiden, we knew that we could get these at the TI across from the main train station there.

Posted by
143 posts

Noord = North, Oost = East, Middentunnel = Middle tunnel
It is the location in the Central station where you will find the AKO book store.

Posted by
2738 posts

Indeed, as soon as I saw your post I understood these were locations inside Centraal. On first seeing "tunnel" I could only conjure up the tunnel under the Ij and "huh?", while "noord" made me think across. Thank you again!