Please sign in to post.

Flower Parade 2022

We are 4 senior citizens, hoping that the Flower Parade will be a "go" this year. We will be staying in Haarlem and want to know what the best option is for where to watch the parade. We are interested in bleacher seating and will need to travel by public transportation. Also we are interested in watching the construction of the floats. What time should we go for watching and how much time should we allocate?

Posted by
967 posts

I don't have a exact answer to your question but can offer this. I was in Haarlem in 2018 to visit Kuekenhof and timed the trip so we'd be in town when the parade arrived. It arrived, and we were there, but it was well after dark when it got to Haarlem, and seeing the flowers under halogen street lights was...peculiar. And most of my photos have the well lit Hash Cafe in the background! We stayed at the wonderful Carlton Square hotel and walked outside to the corner to watch the parade from the sidewalk. Hope this sheds some light on your planning.

Posted by
237 posts

This website should help answer a bunch of your questions: https://bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/en/ There is information on the parade route. It ends in Haarlem, but late and we just didn't feel like trouping across town in the dark. But...... the floats are all parked after the parade and available for viewing on Sunday. It was like a big street party, floats, food and drink, family activities. And, sigh, standing beside a float made mostly of hyacinths, oh so fragrant!

Hopefully you are also planning to visit Keukenhof as well. For tickets see their website: https://keukenhof.nl/en/

Enjoy your visit.

Posted by
130 posts

We've booked tickets to see the parade in Sassenheim----we wanted bleacher seats too (and a porta potty)! It's my understand the parade takes a break there, too, which should enable us to see the floats leisurely---hope that is true! You can probably take a train to Sassenheim. I looked at Haarlem, too, and didn't want to see the parade in the dark.

Posted by
2026 posts

It was some time ago but we didn’t see the parade, instead looking at the floats in Haarlem afterwards during the day. You could walk along and up close, smell the roses as it were, so not a parade but fun. It was near the lovely park.