Please sign in to post.

EU Digital COVID Certificate

Is it possible for US citizens to get the required EU Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC) that seems to be required to visit several tourist sites in the Netherlands? If not, has anyone had good luck/success getting a "Dutch COVID test" and then uploading this proof in the CoronaCheck app? They can you can make an appointment via www.testenvoortoegang.org. We are going to Netherlands and Belgium in late April and I am concerned with buying the required timed tickets in advance and then having trouble getting tests and/or results in time. Thanks

Posted by
13905 posts

I'd go ahead and see what the ticketing looks like for the Van Gogh which is where you'll really need to pre-purchase. I've seen several comments that things may change on Feb 25 so don't spend too much energy worrying about this.

Editing to add: Just went to the Van Gogh ticket site. It looks like there are early AM (9A) tickets available even tomorrow although even the end of March the mid-day tickets are showing as "limited numbers". I'd keep an eye on how the sales go. Right now it looks like the furthest out you can book is March 31.

Last time I was in Amsterdam (2019) I was able to buy the Rijksmuseum tickets the morning of. I had them on my phone and just showed that to the ticket takers. DO download that Rijksmuseum app to your smart phone. It is one of the best museum apps I've used. Particularly helpful was the YOU ARE HERE locator when I got turned around, lol!!

Posted by
1280 posts

Starting today, February 25, you no longer need to show anything to enter restaurants, museums etc etc. So you no longer need to get tested or show the EU digital COVID certificate.
Even before COVID, museums like the Van Gogh museum and the Anne Frank house required you to book a timeslot in advance. They still require that today and will probably keep requiring that in the future. Due to its popularity and relatively small size, tickets for the Anne Frank house used to sell out really quickly, as in month(s) in advance. The Van Gogh museum doesn’t sell out that quickly, but I still would book tickets at least a week in advance.

Posted by
374 posts

Can someone clarify what the Dutch Embassy is saying. I read that non EU visitors need a covid test to enter. But it also says if you are TRAVELING from another EU country proof of vaccination is sufficient for entry.