Please sign in to post.

Condor Air

I am looking at making Europe flight plans and Condor Air is coming up as a good option. Does anyone have any feedback/personal experiences?

Posted by
45 posts

I flew round trip on Condor from Portland, OR to Frankfurt in July 2016. I had no issues and liked the ability to fly nonstop but the meals in economy, especially coming home, were tasteless. I understand you get what you pay for but coming home we had cold chicken nuggets. I have plans to fly with them this summer but will be bringing my own food.

Posted by
11359 posts

We flew home from Europe on Condor in 2016 and the flight was fine. Frankfurt to Seattle non-stop was a treat. We did upgrade to Premium Economy and appreciated the extra room.

Posted by
45 posts

I forgot to mention that my daughters luggage didn’t arrive with us in Portland, the same with about 15 other passengers. The Condor representative was overwhelmed trying to help everyone and It took awhile to get the paperwork filled out and turned in. Thankfully she was pleasantly surprised about 5 hours later by a young man knocking at our door with her suitcase! Don’t know the story but a frustrating lost-luggage experience turned into happiness.

Posted by
185 posts

I haven't flown them yet, but I am taking a chance on them for my spring trip. I needed an open jaw flight, Seattle to Prague then somewhere in Croatia back to Seattle. Condor was about half what all of the other airlines were asking and the schedule was acceptable so I bought my ticket yesterday. Before I bought it though, I searched Condor on this forum and found quite a few people who had pleasant experiences with them. For the deal I got on my ticket I figured that even if it wasn't great, I can handle just about anything for 20ish hours of my life.

Posted by
244 posts

We had a horrible experience flying them in October. Our flight was delayed out of Seattle resulting us in missing our connecting flight from Munich to Florence. They put us on another flight about 7 hours later to Dusseldorf that was suppose to take us to Florence. Once we got to Dusseldorf they couldn't ticket us because they said "their system wouldn't allow it"... that same statement continued being used by so many people. We ended up missing our flight again and had to spend the night in Dusseldorf. The following day we found a Thomas Cook dest at the airport. They were the only ones that could ticket us. By that time we missed out on our Florence part of the trip and headed directly to Rome. The issue with Condor is they do not have agents at all airports. They basically have other airlines sub contract for them yet those other airlines can't do everything Condor can. They said if we wanted to talk to Condor we would have to go to Frankfurt- When they told me that I got heated. I had spent so much time on the phone with them but they kept telling me new tickets had to be ticketed at the airport where their is no Condor... anyway it was a real mess. Oh and they lost our luggage.... But Im sure if everything went smooth their would be no issues with flying them. Just if they dont- major problems. Our flight home was fine. No issues.

Posted by
143 posts

That sounds like an awful experience. I’m sorry. If we are flying to Frankfurt it sounds like it might be better because they have reps there?

Posted by
4008 posts

We had a horrible experience flying them in October. Our flight was
delayed out of Seattle resulting us in missing our connecting flight
from Munich to Florence.

Aly, if your flight had been on time, how much time did you leave to catch the flight to Florence?

Was it in fact a "connecting" flight on ticket or were they separate non-interline tickets?

How late was that flight?

If we are flying to Frankfurt it sounds like it might be better
because they have reps there?

Jon, if you choose Condor, given what was written above, you may want to rethink checking bags. Do you have confirmation that there are in fact Condor customer service reps at Frankfurt?