Please sign in to post.

British airways

Keep an eye on your flights. Ours were just changed so we currently have a 10 minute layover in London on our way home.

Posted by
471 posts

I'll say! I got an email this morning that one segment of my "perfect" return from Rome flight was cancelled. That flight left Rome at a reasonable time, there was a 90 minute layover in Heathrow at the same terminal and then a straight shot home. Seemed like a time-efficient effective option until it was cancelled.

I've been researching replacement flight because I'd rather tell BA what I want than accept what is offered. All the options involved lengthy 4+ hour layovers or a super-fast turnaround in Dallas. Most of the options are on American Airlines instead of BA. The last time we routed on a BA/AA flight though Dallas, we were delayed for 6 hours with non-existent help from either airline. I'm trying to figure out which combo is the lesser evil...

Posted by
4297 posts

I'm not a fan of American, but I will absolutely not fly BA if I can help it. They seem much more prone to IT problems than other large carriers. In 2017, we were flying from Heathrow to Lisbon on the day their computers were down. When we got to the airport, one of their employees was standing at the door and he had written ON HIS HAND(not even a clipboard) the flights that were actually flying. We were fortunate that ours was one of those but it was delayed many hours. On another occasion, we were flying from Heathrow to Edinburgh, the AC wasn't working properly, and they ran out of the water for sale before they reached our row. Yes that's right. If you're in coach you have to pay for a bottle of water which may not even be available.