Please sign in to post.

Best way to get around Amsterdam??

I have a 13 hour layover in AMS, my plan is to get my carryon luggage in lockers, take the train to central station and walk to the Anne Frank House. I know the whole process of getting tickets, my big question, is I would love to just stop by Merwedeplein 37, but that is an hour walk and 15 minute drive, any recommendations on how to get from the Anne Frank house to this spot most efficiently?
Also any restaurant recommendations around the area?

Posted by
9583 posts

If you get the CityMapper app, set it to Amsterdam, and plug in the address of the Anne Frank house and this address you want to go to, and put the approximate time and day of the week you would like to make the journey, it will show you your options and how long each will take.

Posted by
5764 posts

Trams # 13 and 17 run from Central Station to Anne Frank House, and Tram # 4 from Central Station to Merwedplein - from Google Maps

Posted by
1978 posts

To my opinion the most efficient way is to take the train from AMS / Schiphol to Amsterdam Zuid railway station and takes between 5 to 10 minutes. From there Metro line 52, also known as Noord/Zuidlijn to the first stop at Europaplein and from there a 10 minute walk to Merwedeplein. Continue further from the same stop at Europaplein with the same metro (not sure with the same ticket!) to the stop at Rokin and from there a 15 minute walk via Dam / Palace and Westerkerk to the Anne Frank House. You can visit Merwedeplein ofcourse on the way back to AMS / Schiphol if that is more suitable.