Please sign in to post.

Anne Frank House tickets

Going onto the website, I see tickets are only sold on Tuesdays? IS that correct or did I misread that?
I just tried to buy tickets for September 5th but they aren't available for sale yet. So I guess I need to wait until Tuesday July 23rd to buy them? And I have seen various posts of people setting alarm clocks to get into the website to buy tickets- is that based on Netherlands time? Sorry for the ill informed questions but just trying to make sure I can get us tickets and not wanting to miss that opportunity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted by
56 posts

Hi,
You are correct. Tickets for the week of Sept 5 will be released at 10am CEST (Netherlands time) on Tuesday, July 23...so 4am EST, etc. I'm planning on purchasing tickets for that week as well, so leave some for me!

Posted by
698 posts

Tickets sell out quickly, so don't wait until morning your time. Set your alarm! I also suggest really familiarizing yourself with the website before you are scrambling in the middle of the night trying to buy tickets.

We just went through this purchase process a couple of months ago.

Posted by
262 posts

The tickets are released on Tuesdays. You can buy them in other days but they’ll probably be sold out by then. We were successful in getting tickets for our preferred day and time (morning with introductory program) by being online at 4am EST. When we checked again a couple hours later, the majority of times were sold out already. The evening times seemed to fill the slowest, in my observation.

Posted by
535 posts

I don't know just how quickly tickets are sold, but Amsterdam in early September should be busy with tourists. And I just checked the website and see that there are no tickets available for future dates--the tickets released last Tuesday have all been sold.

Because you are trying to buy tickets for a certain date, the suggestions that you set your alarm clock and buy your tickets as soon as they are released and that you become familiar with the website before Tuesday seem prudent.

Note that your options are the introductory program plus a ticket for entry or just the entry. I have attended the introductory program and thought it was good. Good luck.

Posted by
535 posts

I meant to say at the end "or just the ticket for entry."

Also, there was recently a television mini-series titled A Small Light with Bel Powley and Liev Schreiber that focused on Miep Gies, her husband, and the others who were protecting the Frank family. You may find it interesting to watch before your visit. I know the series can be accessed on Apple TV, but you may be able to find it at your local library.

Posted by
421 posts

I second the recommendation of the "A small Light" series adding to the experience of the Anne Frank House visit.

Posted by
276 posts

I went April last year. Familiarized myself with website first, set alarm and got date/time I wanted, it only took about 5 minutes, then back to bed. Checked again in the morning and most time slots were sold out.

Posted by
100 posts

Thanks for everyone's input. After much discussion we have decided to forego this place. We saw that mini series and felt it was very enlightening and gave us a lot of information about the Franks as well as the people who went to such great lengths to protect them and other Jewish people. A very moving series that really happened all those years ago.