Please sign in to post.

Anne Frank house tickets

Has anyone found any way at all to get Anne Frank house tickets other than directly through their website? I know some might open up before our trip (mid-April), but so far nothing.

Posted by
930 posts

Only buy them from the actual site. There is directions on the site as to when your window will open up.

Posted by
8346 posts

I hope that you get them. It is interesting, but there are also many excellent sites that you can use as alternatives regarding holocaust history if you find that it doesn't work out.

Posted by
1286 posts

The Anne Frank house strictly forbids any resale of tickets. The only place you can buy tickets for the Anne Frank house is the official website of the Anne Frank house.

Posted by
17 posts

I was just successful in getting tickets for tour & intro. Tickets for week I wanted went on sale Tues Mar 7 @ 4am EST (10am Amsterdam), I set my alarm! Took 25 mins to get through on line. By that time many time slots were sold out! But I did get the day I wanted with the intro. If you're willing to not have the 30 min intro, there are many tickets available. They open tickets on Tuesdays at 10am (their time) for 6 weeks ahead. So, I wanted tickets for Thursday April 20, they went on sale Tuesday March 7. Good luck.

Posted by
46 posts

Very helpful information. Can someone confirm the tickets which go on sale are for Monday-Sunday. So if I want a Sunday ticket (May 14), those open on April 4? I'm a bit shaky on the Sunday as to which week. TIA.

Posted by
1286 posts

Every Tuesday tickets go on sale for the entire week that starts on the Monday 5 weeks and 6 days later.
So last Tuesday, March 21, the tickets for the entire week from Monday May 1 up to and including Sunday May 7 went on sale. And next Tuesday March 28, you will be able to buy tickets for Monday May 8 up to and including Sunday May 14.

Posted by
37 posts

I have a question regarding Dutch_traveler excellent timeframe for securing tickets. I want to purchase 4 tickets for Saturday, May 20. So I would try on Tuesday, April 4th. Go out 5 weeks starting the following Monday, April 10th. This will put me at the week of May 8.
Then when I count an additional 6 days, I calculate May 19. My question since I am missing May 20 by one day, do I want to start the following Tuesday April 11th. Help, I don't want to miss these tickets.

Posted by
37 posts

Oops just re-read Dutch_Traveler's reply. I'm pretty sure I will need to do this on Tuesday, April 4th. Is doing this online the best way to go thru their website?

Posted by
1286 posts

Continuing on from my earlier example. On April 4, 2023 tickets go on sale for the week that starts on Monday May 15 up to and including Sunday May 21.

“Is doing this online the best way to go thru their website?”
I’m sorry but I don’t understand what it is you’re asking. The only way to buy tickets for the Anne Frank House is online via their website. There is no ticket sale at the door.

Posted by
37 posts

Thank you for your quick response. I did mean online via their website and not by telephone. Again, thank you.

Posted by
330 posts

I want to echo @ponyexpressions’ post upthread. In my personal experience and from what others have written here on the forum, tickets sell out very quickly, within minutes quickly. Before I went to bed on the Monday night before my date was available, I set an alarm to wake up at 12:59 am PST (9:59 am Amsterdam time), purchased my tickets by 1:20 am PST, closed my laptop and went to sleep. When I awoke at 8:00 am PST, I checked back just to see if my time slot was still available — and it was sold out. Sacrificing that little bit of sleep paid off. Familiarizing myself with the website and going through the process of doing a “dummy” booking prior to my purchase morning was also very useful.

Posted by
109 posts

I also set my alarm for a few minutes prior to ticket release (4am EST), mainly because we wanted tickets with the pre-visit lecture. After purchasing the tickets, I went back in to check availability. Tickets for my desired time slot had sold out; this was less than five minutes after their release.

Posted by
37 posts

I purchased my 6 tickets at 4AM this morning. All went smoothly, however, should I be receiving a confirmation email? I have my order number.

Posted by
46 posts

I too set my alarm for 10 am Amsterdam time. A groggy 8 minutes later I had my tickets and my email confirmation. They were all gone 4 hours later when I looked at what would have been 2:00 Amsterdam time. This was for a May 15 visit - busy, but not high season. Note - my desired time was not available, and on a hunch I opened a new browser tab and the time I wanted was available on that page. I suspect people put them in their cart and don't purchase and they become available until they're snatched up again (like me). So refresh your page might help, but don't wait long.

I, like many others, missed the 6 week release date. Any suggestions on how to get tickets when sold out for those dates?

Posted by
1286 posts

The Anne Frank house strictly forbids any resale of tickets, so there is no way you can get them via other websites. The only thing you can do is keep checking the website in the hope they may release additional tickets.

Posted by
201 posts

For tickets August 29 what is the date to be online to reserve? Initially we were thinking 4th of July here because past research indicated that tickets go on sale the first Tuesday of the month prior to the desired month.
Please advise the current opening date to snag those tickets to Anne Frank's House.
Thanks!
P.S. if you've not seen the tv series called A Small Light, which focuses on Miep Gies, that the National Geographic Channel just broadcast, you should! It is also streaming on Disney and Hulu.