Please sign in to post.

Anne Frank House

I missed tickets being released! I have flights booked in 5 weeks time. Anne Frank House have told me that the ‘might’ release some more tickets the Tuesday before we go but it’s not guaranteed. Anyone had any luck with this?

Posted by
1674 posts

Keep checking online until the day you leave, can't hurt. This has become one of the hardest tickets to get similar to the Last Supper in Milan because it is so small and limited in space.

Posted by
4 posts

Yes thank you I will. Can’t believe it. I’m so cross with myself and too late to get my money back on the trip.
Thank you for replying

Posted by
891 posts

I really hope you get the tickets!

Not about the tour, but wondering if you've heard about the series "A Small Light." It's the Story of Otto Franks's young employee, Miep, who helped them hide bringing them food and supplies. She and her husband were Christian and helped to hide Jewish people. It's very interesting, she found Anne's diary after the family was taken to the concentration camp and saved it and returned it to Otto Frank after the war.

She and her husband are the main characters and it explains a lot about how it was possible for the Franks and their friends to hide.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you.
My daughter has watched it and loved it. She’s watched every series and film to do with Anne Frank. She’s been interested since she was 9 and is now 19

Posted by
1324 posts

I’ve visited the Corrie ten Boom house and I don’t think it’s a good replacement for the Anne Frank house in this case with the OP’s daughter so interested in the story of Anne Frank.
The main focus of the Corrie ten Boom house is the evangelical work that Corrie did after the war. Yes, you quickly pass by the secret hiding place during the tour, but WW2 is not the main focus of the house.

Even if you do manage to get tickets for the Anne Frank house, you should definitely visit the Dutch Resistance Museum https://www.verzetsmuseum.org/en/world-war-ii-in-the-netherlands
The Holocaust names memorial is also worth a visit https://www.holocaustnamenmonument.nl/en/holocaust-memorial-of-names/visit-the-monument/

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you. We are booking for that Museum too- luckily lots of availability there at the moment! We went there 9 years ago and found it amazing.
Thank you

Posted by
149 posts

The Corrie Ten Boom house also has challenges with getting tickets, so this falls under the get them ASAP or risk not getting them. They have small English and Dutch tours, and the English ones fill up faster than the Dutch ones. Non-Dutch speakers are not supposed to go on the Dutch tours (makes sense), so keep that in mind.