Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam transportation

I will be on a cruise stopping in Amsterdam in September. Looking for transportation options from the cruise port to the Rijksmuseum in the morning. I see there are Trams/Trains/Buses but no idea which line to take. Thank you.

Posted by
100 posts

Curious to see what responses you get. Am also trying to determine which method of transportation works best for our various travels.

Posted by
70 posts

https://9292.nl/en will give you the best available public transport options. I assume you will be docked at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam so that would be your departure location.

Posted by
183 posts

No need to get a cab or Uber. There is a tram stop close to the Cruise Terminal which is quite central to the city. Take the tram from there to the Centraal Station and then take a route 2 or 12 tram to the Rijksmuseum. You can use a contactless bank card on the trams but be aware that you need to scan your card at both the first and last stop on each tram.

Posted by
155 posts

Posted by Philip

"No need to get a cab or Uber. There is a tram stop close to the Cruise Terminal which is quite central to the city. Take the tram from there to the Centraal Station and then take a route 2 or 12 tram to the Rijksmuseum. You can use a contactless bank card on the trams but be aware that you need to scan your card at both the first and last stop on each tram "

Phillip great suggestions, but when I looked at the tram from the port to the museum area it takes almost an hour via tram and numerous stops and changes and about 13 minutes vs a cab. I'm all for taking the tram, but is this info correct via a tram?

thanks
Monica

Posted by
70 posts

If you walk to the train station and get the metro, it would take 30 minutes door to door. I entered Passengers Terminal Amsterdam as departure location and the Rijksmuseum (not the bus or tram stop) as the destination in the 9292 app.

Sure you may need to walk a bit to and from the metro 52 but will only set you back 1,54 euro per person. On a rainy day maybe less of an option.

Bolt is also available so you can check prices.

Posted by
134 posts

We have a tight time frame so I think we'll opt for Uber, Bolt or a Taxi. Maybe on the return we'll try the metro. Thanks!