Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam to Paris

We (my boyfriend and I) will be flying into Amsterdam and out of Paris. We will have a total of 7 1/2 days in Europe and were hoping to spend a few days in Amsterdam, take the train to Brussels for another few days, and then take another train to Paris since we are flying out of there. We don't mind being in Paris for just a night or so since we have already been, but were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for how many days to stay in Amsterdam and Brussels (other recommendations along the way are welcome to :) ). We like to try new foods, drink wine and beer, and have a vacation that is a healthy mix of relaxation and adventure.

Posted by
7837 posts

Amsterdam 3 days
Take the train to Ghent, Belgium
Ghent 3 days (include day trips to Bruges and Antwerp
Take the train Ghent to Brussels (if you want)
lock your luggage up at Brussels Midi train station for some hours go see the Grand Place then go back to Brussels Midi and catch a train to Paris airport for the night before flying home.

Posted by
228 posts

Do what Jazz and Travels suggested . Brussels is seen in one day just to see the Grand Market Plaza but Ghent and Brugge are more interesting . Amsterdam 2 days .

Posted by
7297 posts

It’s a personal preference, but I suggest you sleep in Antwerp and visit Ghent for a day by train. Antwerp has much more to do, and more hotels. It’s possible Ghent could be cheaper. Except for the big art museums, you could skip Brussels on this very short visit. Some people back home will ask you if you saw Bruges.

Posted by
9567 posts

I agree, I would do Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges rather than Brussels.