Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Lodging in May 2025

I need suggestions for a hotel conveniently located for museums etc., that is clean, air conditioned, and with elevators. So far, everything I've seen has many negative reviews. We're going in late May 2025 which could mean hot weather, and our knees struggle with many stairs.

Posted by
2468 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Estherea in February of this year and absolutely loved it! They have an elevator and the rooms do have air conditioning. The y have an amazing breakfast spread too. That is extra, but when we were looking at hotels my daughter checked their instagram page and they had a promo that included breakfast, so that was a great deal. I would absolutely stay there again, FWIW.

Posted by
6 posts

We stayed 5 days at Hotel Cornelisz near Rijksmuseum and it is superb with amenities and small lift/elevator which helped, stayed in a double room, more than enough space for 2, incredible breakfast (best latte machine!). Trams 2 and 12 outside the front door helped us get everywhere easily. Book direct through their website for deals. It might be possible to get on a waitlist too if they are totally booked. They have responded on email as well for inquiries. Have a great trip!

Posted by
2468 posts

Caroline--We were booked at the Hotel Cornelisz, but then our daughter found that breakfast promo code of the Estherea and it ended up being cheaper than the Cornelisz. The Cornelisz looked wonderful though! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Posted by
11483 posts

We enjoyed staying at the Hotel l’Ambassade on the Herengracht Canal.

Posted by
5383 posts

You can filter a search for AC and lifts on booking.com. Read the reviews, which are legitimate. Then book directly for the best price. Cameron Hewitt's recent Blog here reported the average price a night for Amsterdam to be $400. If you don't like that price, cheaper lodging is found in Haarlem or Leiden, are very close, and charming. Good luck.

Posted by
116 posts

In July 2023 we stayed at the De Ware Jacob Hotel. Two blocks to the Museumplein and main tram stops, but in a quiet, residential neighborhood. We had the cheapest category of room "comfort double" and the room was quite small for 2 people, but a good size bathroom and individual A/C that cooled the room very fast. Their breakfast room is open as a lounge in the evening with an honor bar. For us introverts it was a nice respite from a day out in the city!

Posted by
14533 posts

I enjoyed my stay at the De Ware Jacob Hotel as Syd did BUT BUT BUT....when I was there in spring 2023 the elevator was out twice. I think I was on the 4th floor and the stairs above the 1st floor are steep, narrow traditional Amsterdam stairs, lol. The morning I was leaving the elevator was out. The housekeeper saw me about to head down the stairs with my suitcase, rushed over, grabbed it from me and zoomed down with it. I had to laugh because I could have managed it myself - I pack light and it was under 18 # - but that was very sweet of her.

Anyway, I'd recommend this hotel (very comfortable and an excellent location) but not if someone struggles with stairs.

Posted by
644 posts

I enjoyed my stay at the Motel One Amsterdam Waterlooplein a couple of years ago. Their hotels are clean, consistent, modern, with elevators and breakfast if you want it - and well-priced too.

I liked the location. Not an obviously hotel area but very close to the Rembrandthuis and really convenient for travel around the city either on foot or by public transport. A handy branch or Albert Heijn supermarket nearby too.