Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam

Hi there. I'm looking for an Itinerary for Brugge, Ghent, Antwerp,Amsterdam, and (close) parts of Germany. About two weeks total.
Probably for the end of Sept. Has anyone been there at that time? What the weather like?

Posted by
23243 posts

We are not travel agents and don't plan total itineraries. You have to do some work yourself. We do respond well to specific questions. Weather is general fine but that is a little like asking what the weather is like in the US in September. Mid-Sep through Oct is our preferred time to travel and, in fact, will be headed to Amsterdam on the 12 of Sept. Will have a rain jacket, a long sleeve shirt in case it turns a little cool, but generally expect it to be warm and dry but it might rain.

Posted by
170 posts

If you stay in Amsterdam, you can take a Flix Bus to Ghent or Bruges. From there you can travel to Antwerp and Brussels, if that's of interest. I have been in Amsterdam for a month. The weather is unpredictable. Cold and rainy to hot and humid. I'd take a warm sweater, jacket and an umbrella.

I will be going to Cologne, Germany for three days tomorrow, partly for the same reason - it's close- approximately 2.5 hours by train from Amsterdam and about 4 hours by Flixbus. Depending on your budget, and timeline, Flix Bus will cost approximately half of what you'll pay for the train.

https://global.flixbus.com