Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Apartments

I've been told by numerous posters that this is the way to go for our family of four (2 adults, 2 teens) traveling in early Dec.
So, what are your favorite locations/apts?? And do you mind posting contact info for them.

Posted by
350 posts

Use Airbnb (or homeaway.com, VRBO.com or a similar service) and use filters to pick out what's important to you, price, and so forth. I would recommend the Jordaan area as it is peaceful but still have a nice energy to it. Easy walk to any other parts of central Amsterdam, museums, etc. My wife and I stayed on a houseboat (many of them are rented out on these sites) and it was great, but it may be hard to get a houseboat that sleeps 4 comfortably. I like airbnb because their filters and options in places like Amsterdam seem to be the best. https://www.airbnb.com/

Posted by
985 posts

My husband and I rented from Pied A Terre last year and will be renting from her again this winter. Very nice apartments, trustworthy, and a pleasure to work with.

Posted by
3 posts

I'm currently in the process of booking with Pied a Terre...do you still recommend her company? I'm booking the apt on Herengracht. Do you have any info on it?
Thanks, Susan

Posted by
1806 posts

In addition to the Jordaan, the area around the "Nine Streets" (de 9 Straatjes) is very nice. Easy to walk or catch any number of tram lines to get around, good restaurants and cafes, quiet at night.

De Pijp is also a very convenient section to stay in, particularly the northern portion of the neighborhood near Sarphati Park and Albert Cuypstraat which is a terrific street market for food shopping (as well as interesting stores and boutiques that teens would like).

Posted by
985 posts

I do highly recommend Pied a Terre apts in Amsterdam. Kathryn has several rentals in different areas of the city. Herengracht apt is fabulous but I don't like the laundry - European machines that I had trouble with. That was not a deal breaker for us as we loved everything else, including a nice discount for a return visit. Make sure you walk back to Prinsengracht and down to Winkels43 for Apple pie with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy your travel!