Please sign in to post.

Amsterdam Accommodation

7 STUDENTS IN NEED OF ROOMS IN AMSTERDAM THIS WEEKEND Would anyone care to share any favorite accommodation in Amsterdam? We're actually finding zero vacancies so any suggestions are welcome. THANKS!

Posted by
8124 posts

I once needed a room in Amsterdam the night before flying to the U.S. The information booth at Schiphol Airport sent me to one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in.

The only drawback is that it's on A-4, west of Schiphol Airport a couple of miles. The hotel courtesy car can have you in the airport in 5 minutes, and heavy rail will take you from Schiphol to Amsterdam's train station in 15 minutes or less.

Another good thing is they have an absolutely huge family room with 6 beds and two large leather couches. And it's much more reasonably priced than hotels within the city.

See: http://www.hotelschiphol.nl/en

Posted by
1806 posts

This weekend is Amsterdam's Gay Pride Fest, so finding central accommodation for 7 people on such short notice is likely going to be very difficult (not to mention very expensive if you do find something in the center) and the hostels (at least the decent, good hostels) are probably also full up at this point. There are great rail connections in the Netherlands, so possibly consider staying further outside in the suburbs, or in another town/city completely (e.g., Utrecht, Rotterdam, etc.), and then just coming into Amsterdam by train. Sometimes budget chain hotels frequented by business travelers during the week (e.g., Ibis) may have some sort of discounted rate for a weekend stay if you are looking outside of the city in a more suburban area.

Or, see if there are any Airbnb hosts outside of the canal ring that have last-minute vacancy on an apartment (some owners have multiple listings in the same neighborhoods - so if you are willing to split up you might be able to snag a couple 1 or 2 bedroom units with sleeper sofas within a few blocks of each other, but if you expect to jam all 7 into one apartment, you will have a much harder time trying to find a 3 bedroom).