Please sign in to post.

4 nights in Amsterdam

My adult son & I are coming from Rome after a transatlantic cruise next May…in to Amsterdam. We’d like a 4 star hotel in an area with bars and restaurants…a lively area w coffee shops & entertainment . We’d like to be on a canal if possible & in the Red Light District. We’ll visit the museums. The Ann Frank House, the Holocaust Museum. & we want to go to Gouda & Harlem for the day on a bus tour. Any suggestions & recommendations for me please? We appreciate your help!! Thank you!!

Posted by
1529 posts

I could follow your wishes and had several areas in mind until I came to the part where you stated you wish to stay in the Red Light District. Is that what you really want? To actually stay IN the RLD? Are you aware that, especially from April onwards, the RLD is party central. It’s inundated with young British lads on their bachelor parties being loud, peeing, puking (and worse) in the streets. Is that really where you want to stay? If so, you need to lower your standards, because due to the very nature of the RLD you won’t find 4-star hotels there.
There are lots of areas in Amsterdam that meet your criteria, except for the RLD part. Please let us know if you would be willing to stay outside the RLD.

Posted by
2468 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Estherea in February and loved it. It sits right on a canal, is very quiet, yet only a block or two from busier areas. We never needed the tram as we just walked everywhere. Our daughter found a promo on their instagram page where breakfast was included. That was a very good find as breakfast runs $27 US dollars per person per day. The breakfast is excellent and gets you through most of the day.