Hello, I would love some help improving my itinerary. Our top priority is to wander the streets and canals. We do have reservations for Van Gogh and Anne Frank. If time permits, would like to see Rijksmuseum and/or Het Scheepvaartmuseum. So much depends on the weather and our whimsy.
We will be arriving from elsewhere in Europe, so shouldn't be jet-lagged. We'll have our kids (8,6) with us.
Fri, Apr 5
- 1pm: Check into Yays Zoutkeetsgracht
- Walk through Haarlemmerstraat, down into Nine Little Streets
- 7:30pm: Van Gogh
- If we have time before Van Gogh ... Museumplein? Blue Boat? Vondelpark? Rijkmuseum?
Sat, Apr 6
- Stroll from Centraal to Begijnhof, then towards Rembrandtplein and Staalstraat areas
- A museum along the way (probably Amsterdam or Willet-Holthuysen)
- Stroll through Jordaan
- 8:30pm: Anne Frank Huis
- Would we have time for Het Scheepvaartmuseum before Jordaan?
Sun, Apr 7
- If weather is nice and tulips are early, Keukenhof and Haarlem
- If not, half-day in Haarlem and more time in Amsterdam
This feels somewhat "inefficient," but maybe everything is so close that it doesn't really matter? And where would be the most logical slot for the Rijksmuseum?