Please sign in to post.

12 Days Europe Tour for Winter 2016

Hi,

My big family and I (10 adults) are planning to go to Europe and visit some countries such are Netherlands, France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany also Austria and have a tour there. Arrival on Nov 27th, 2016 and like to have a 12 days tour (end on Dec 8th, 2016) with Start and End point in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Is there any tour that available and might be customized like what we want?

Welcome for any information as well suggestion, many thanks.

Posted by
2444 posts

You're talking about six countries in twelve days, with some long travel times in some cases. If it's even feasible, it would be all a blur. If you were to limit yourselves to two countries, which would you choose?

Posted by
2487 posts

The days will be short, and the weather usually not at its best. You'll best aim for three, maximum four city destinations. Get a map (such as www.viamichelin.com) and see what you can do without spending half your time on transport.

Posted by
1743 posts

There are a number of companies that offer customized tours, and for a group of ten, that might be a reasonably economical way to go. A simple Google search will find some of the options. I've never done this, so I can't vouch for any of them.

If you work with a company like this to help you plan your itinerary, they will help you figure out what is realistic for a 12-day tour.

Posted by
5835 posts

...tour (end on Dec 8th, 2016)....

Title should be "Late Fall 2016". Winter starts Dec 21st. It should be a tranquil period being ahead of the usual Christmas season and the usual ski season, but late for autumn harvest festivals. The plus is off season pricing.

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/germany-austria-switzerland/munich-salzburg-vienna
Best of Munich, Salzburg & Vienna in 8 Days Tour
Nov 20–Nov 27 (Su-Su)$2,395 + AirSale $2195! Save $200 on new bookings (use SPEC16)
opportunity to enjoy Christmas markets!

Posted by
15573 posts

Edgar is technically correct, but I think I'm not alone in considering end of November and all of December as winter, both because of the Christmas markets that begin then and because I think of fall as being pleasantly warm with colorful trees, and that's not describing much of Europe at all (or North America for that matter).

Posted by
4 posts

Alright, very well noted with the information and suggestion as well to revise the title:) since my group and I are really need lots info to accommodate our needs.

Posted by
8 posts

My family and I went on a trip a few summers ago with flying into Brussels and out of Paris - in between we went to Germany (Berlin and Munich). We spent 3 nights in Brussels with a day trip to Bruges then trained to Berlin stopping in Cologne for the afternoon. We then spent 4 nights in Berlin and side-tripped to Potsdam. Then trained to Munich and stayed 4 nights going to Neuschwanstein on a side trip one day and Salzburg on another day. Then trained to Paris stopping in Strasbourg for the afternoon and finished with 3 nights in Paris. We also took our kids to Disneyland Paris on one of those days but that may not be your thing. So total of 14 days. It was a great trip but not enough time in any one place! I have also spent 5 full days in London and Paris each on separate trips and still not seen/done everything so it depends on what you want to see and do. I always do a multi-city ticket for airfare which is actually cheaper and less time consuming than forcing yourself to return to starting point.

Posted by
4 posts

thanks everyone for your kind suggestions. My big family and I are planning to re-route and deduct few countries so we may have a long days in one country and memorable trip.

Posted by
4 posts

Does anyone knows any apartment or budgeted hotel and recommended surround Paris, Lucerne and Rome?
Is November to December a beginning of high season?